Loch Garten, Scotland 2011

Lukittu
Annie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Annie »

:ornithologist: :hanger2: When will the first egg hatch?
I can’t believe there’s only two weeks until the chicks hatch out to become EJ and Odin’s third successive offspring. We are suspecting the first egg might hatch around the 21st or 22nd of May in keeping with last years first arrival on the 21st May.
The whole Blog of Loch Garten Ospreys, on 8 May 2011.
Annie

Kuva Kuva
Kuva Kuva
In Scotland has been a thunderstorm today, it's also forecast in Abernethy for night. Just now the weather however is better, EJ is brooding, she don't look very pleased , no wonder. Hopefully the night would be more better.
Annie

Morning at the nest - not sunny, but not rainy either. EJ brooding, maybe waiting a fish too.
Kuva

EJ returns after having a short round flight.
Kuva
Annie

:smilie_wet_150: ... and there it comes! EJ flies off to eat breakfast, and Odin.. you know that :)

Kuva Kuva Kuva Kuva :treehug:
Annie

It's 05:20Am and Odin is brooding.

Kuva Kuva
Annie

EJ broods, takes good care of eggs, arranges some sticks and calls between Odin.

Kuva About 08.30Am
Annie

Loch Garten osprey diary

A Merry Christmas to all our readers
richard thaxton
20 Dec 2011 12:25 PM

I’ll pass you over to Phil this week for news of the Reserve, but before I go, a quick update on our three osprey. Tore and Rothes are, as usual, content in their respective haunts, but Bynack has been on a sleepover again – this time he’s been visiting an area to the east of Dakar, Mbourou and returned the following day to Djoudi National Park. He certainly seems to like his trips away!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping me company these last few months and look forward to what adventures lie ahead in 2012.

A very Happy Christmas!

Julie Q
Lukittu